CEHS Online Learning Design Studio
The Online Learning Design Studio (OLDS), located in the ADP Center for Teacher Preparation and Learning Technologies on the first floor of University Hall in Room 1140, assists CEHS faculty in the design, development and facilitation of hybrid and online courses. The Online Learning Design Studio supports CEHS faculty by offering just-in-time consultation as well as a schedule of face-to-face workshops.
Just-in-Time Consultation Services
OLDS provides a full range of just-in-time services, including both consultation and training. Just-in-time consultation is available to determine the best methods to integrate specific online learning technologies throughout the teaching and learning process in online and hybrid environments, while just-in-time training assists in the implementation of existing and emerging technologies in the support of online and hybrid learning.
Sample Consultations Include:
* Communication & Collaboration in a Virtual Classroom (Elluminate, Skype, Wimba, Blackboard Discussion Boards, Blogs, Wikis, Google Docs, Social Learning Communities)
* Creating Online Learning Objects (Flash animations, Digital Video, Lecture Capture, Podcasts, etc.)
* Creating and Administering Online Assessments (ePortfolios, Online Exams/Quizzes, Polls/Surveys)
* Facilitating Online Research Projects (Google Docs, Social Bookmarking, Online Citation, Annotated Bibliographies)
* Old Media/New Media Conversion – convert film or slides to video, cassettes/records to mp3 to be posted and shared to the web (Copyright Compliance Only)
* Creating and Facilitating Professional Learning Communities Online (Facebook, Grou.ps, Twitter)
Just-in-time drop-in consultation is available between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:00 pm Monday - Thursday or by appointment via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling x5220.
CEHS Hybrid Guidelines
CEHS Summer Tech Camp for Teaching Online/Hybrid Courses
This intensive hands-on faculty led camp occurs each May over three days (2011 dates TBD). It walks faculty through the process of developing an online/hybrid course, while introducing them to a variety of online/hybrid teaching tools presented by CEHS faculty and staff already using them. Space is limited and the camp fills up quickly, so be on the look out for an e-mail announcing registration early in the Spring 2011 semester.